Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tartan Day weekend

Saturday was Tartan day out in the next county, St Charles. The photos are from the parade and I even managed to get a photo of Clan Davidson (where were you Derek?). They had haggis and other Scottish foods, tossing the caber and other athletics, music and dancing. Went to a BBQ afterwards as the weather was so good. On Sunday I just relaxed and went to the climbing wall and a run in the morning. In the afternoon went to Kiener Plaza near the new baseball stadium to read my book out in the sun. In the late afternoon went to a bar for something to drink and eat. It was good timing as I experienced my first tornado storm. Luckily it was over quickly, only managed three beers and it came and went. I will hopefully post some photos of me and Steve in our kilts that one of the girls from work took of us. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Deek said...

Good to know my relatives in Illinois are doing well, did any of them drink a pint standing on their heads - a well known Davidson family tradition!