Sunday, June 29, 2008
Wittrock Family Reunion
This weekend we went down to a camp on Lake of the Ozark where Jen's Dad's side of the family were having a family reunion. This apparently happens every 2 years and this years gathering was about 50 people. A lot of the older family members are into the geneology of the family and can trace their roots back to Germany. Everyone in the family in America can trace their ancestry back to Hermann and Freidrich Wittrock who came over to America in 1854, about 7 years before the Civil War began. I got to meet a lot of Jen's family, which is good for next year's wedding. We had a camp fire on the Saturday night and had a few beers. Jen and I slept in out tent, on an air bed for the first time which was good. Unfortunately I was up a bunch of times to use the toilet after drinking the beers. I'm now pretty tired as it was about a 4 hour drive each way to get to the camp. Next weekend is Independence day, the fourth of July. I am taking a couple of days of work to add to the Friday and Monday we already get and we're taking a little vacation up in Fargo, North Dakota and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment