Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's day weekend




This weekend was really busy. On Friday night I took Jen to a restaurant close to her house, partly so I could have a drink, partly because it was a really nice restaurant and not just a bar and grill. The food and service was really good, but definetly paid for it compared to other places here, although good value for money compared to a similar restaurant back home.


On Saturday morning I drove to a place called Highland in Illinois to train with a guy from work for an adventure race we have there next weekend. We did some canoeing the some biking and finished off with a run.


After that Jen and I drove down to the Lake of the Ozarks for Father's day. Most of her family from her Mum's side were there at one point of or another. We were swimming in the lake, which was quite warm, we did some kayaking and Jen's dad took us out on his boat for a while. The weather was really hot getting into the 90s Fahrenheit, which is about 33-35 deg C, plus it was really humid.


Next weekend I'll be doing the adventure race and then at the end of that week I'm off to Alaska for the week to catch up with my mate John and help him build his house. So blog updates may not happen for a few weeks.

No comments: