This was race weekend, my first race in the United States, a 10K out at Forest Park. Friday night was spent in, watched a film and in my bed by 10.30, very restrained, after all I had a race on Sunday.
On Saturday I went down to the Cardinals' baseball stadium at 8.30 and queued for some cheap tickets. Got tickets for a good section for 5 and a half dollars. We had a beer in the stadium, it cost just over 8 dollars, very expensive beer. It was an afternoon game so went to the pub afterwards for a couple of beers. It works out cheaper to get buckets but you have to get 8 bottles at a time. So had a bucket between us and then went home for some dinner. Had a nice pasta dinner as I had a race on Sunday. Then proceeded to go out and have another four buckets between us, race preparation forgotten about.
On Sunday the race was at 2.30, luckily we missed some really heavy rain going through the county, unfortunately the race was a disaster as they didn't mark out the course properly and we ended up doing 4 miles instead of 6.2 miles (10K). I was fourth at that point and did the 4 miles in 26mins 34secs so was on course for a time of about 40-42mins. I should point out that I was 4th in a field of about 50, so not quite like the London Marathon. However, got another 10K at the end of the month and will hopefully get close to 40 mins, depends how hot it gets!
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What did you say about getting lost in your own house!!!
Post a Comment