Monday, May 05, 2008

Camping at Council Bluff

This weekend we took advantage of the improving weather and went camping at a place called Council Bluff Lake Recreation Area. We had visited a few campsites last year in the State Parks but these can be quite busy especially at this time of year. So searched for some other sites and found this place. In general it was better than the State Park sites, the main difference was that there was no flush toilets, showers or electricity. This meant that it was really quite as a lot of people that go to these campgrounds have their big RVs or campers with all their home comforts with them.



We had a good weekend managing to do a bit of hiking with the dogs around the lake, drank a few beers, read my book and generally enjoyed the peace and quiet. The only bad thing was that I had a big cold sore on the inside of my nose. I didn't now what it was at first as I haven't had one since I was a kid but as it got bigger and sore Jen reckoned it was a cold sore but I had to wait until getting back to civilization on Sunday to get some cream for it. Got it under control now though!




Although the weather was fairly nice it got a bit chilly at night. By the time I put out the campfire Jen was in the tent with the two dogs who are truly indoor dogs. They had already commandeered my sleeping mat and pillow. I managed to wrestle it back but lost it again through the night as the dogs tried to get in between Jen and I for warmth.

No comments: