Not sure if the Blue Man Group is known in the UK but we went to see them at the Scottrade Center this weekend. We also took Jen's sister as it was her birthday on the day of the show, April 4th, which is coincidental as that is my brother Chris's birthday also.
The Blue Man Group are three dudes that dress all in black and wear blue makeup all over their heads and hands, and they don't say a word during the show. They have a backing band that sing and play other instruments, while the blue men play other weirder instruments and put on more of a visual performance.
For a better description, check out their website at www.blueman.com
The show was fantastic, and there was a fair bit of audience participation, but more for the people down on the lower level, us in the cheap seats didn't get pulled onto stage like some of the others. Their warm-up guy just had a set of decks, but he also controlled visuals on big screens, and when he was scratching on the decks the visuals were also scratching. When I first saw that it was one guy on the decks I thought it was going to be rubbish, but he was actually very good.
Weather has now picked up and got my first bike ride of the year in at place called Lost Valley, was nice and muddy and had to clean the bike afterwards. Was good to get out on the bike as I'll be confined to quarters next weekend after my laser eye surgery on Friday. If I can see anything on my computer I'll probably call home next weekend to a few people, if anybody is reading this and are going to be in next weekend send me a text or e-mail and I'll call.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck on Friday Phil. You should be fine to see over the weekend, Gilly could see as soon as she was up of the laser. Just need to keep away from bright lights and anything likely to poke you in the eye!! Speak to you soon. Cheers. Richard & Co.
Post a Comment