Monday, February 04, 2008

Snowboarding in Colorado





Just spent an awesome week in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I snowboarded Monday through Friday and covered most of the runs at the resort. I went with the people I went with last year and also Mark Hopkins from work. Most of the others skiied but Mark and Scott boarded with me a couple of times.


We had over 30 inches of snow in the 5 days we were there, so had powder conditions pretty much all week. I managed to progress from doing blue runs to black runs through trees on pretty steep terrain, which were excellent fun but hard work.


The days pretty much started on the slopes by 8.30-9am and boarded all morning, a quick stop at lunch time and then boarded again until mid to late afternoon before heading to the bar for a few beers and then hit the hot tub at the condos.


The only bad part about the trip was the flights home. There were problems in Chicago with the weather and our connection time ended up being only 5 minutes, which meant our luggage didn't get home until the day after us.


Already looking forward to the next trip next year.

No comments: