Thursday, October 25, 2007

Graeme's visit from the UK





The last couple of weeks have been really busy. Graeme Hanvey, one of my uni buddies, came over from the UK on October 13th and stayed just over a week. I think he had a pretty good time and got to some touristy things as well as seeing a little bit of the real America.


We visited the Meramec Caverns, a winery, some typical American eateries, the local pubs, the zoo and obviously the cheap shopping taking advantage of the weak dollar. Graeme also played for my football team on the last Sunday here to check out the standard of the American football.


Graeme left on Monday and it has been all go since then. Jen and I went to see Ween at the Pageant on Monday night, a really good show. They are kind of an alternative band, don't know if I could describe their style, best just to find some and listen. On Tuesday Jen got tickets from her work to go and see the STL Blues so went to see them, left a bit early though, too much time wasted by the hockey players fighting, all very good but if I want to see fighting I'll watch UFC. On Wednesday night me a Tobin, one of the guys from work, went to a class at the climbing wall on lead climbing in preparation for getting some outdoor climbing in. Now it's Thursday night and I'm doing this blog then getting ready for a weekend camping, hopefully, weather has taken a turn for the worse.


No comments: