Sunday, August 05, 2007

Texas weekend




This weekend I stayed down in Texas and flew Jen down. On Friday night we went out for a nice Indian meal and then a drive down to Galveston bay where we went for a short walk along the beach before it got dark. I was amazed how warm the water was but then also concerned about being in the water as I had insect bites all over my lower legs and there was a case recently where a guy had caught flesh-eating bacteria in the bay whilst fishing, not nice.


On Saturday we visited the NASA visitor center in the morning, it was OK but too many screaming kids for my liking. In the afternoon we went into downtown Houston to a place called Rice Village, which was supposed to be a nice shopping area and it also had a Scottish pub. The pub was ok but we were the only people in it, I've never before been in a pub in Scotland at 4 in the afternoon and been the only one there!! In the evening we went out for a few drinks and some pizza.


On Sunday Jen and I went down to Galveston bay. We played some crazy golf, which in the 93F heat was rather sweaty. We then went to the State park for a walk along the beach. I went for a run along the beach area and suffered a bit for it because of the heat.

No comments: