Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend 14th-16th July

Quite a quiet weekend this one. I was out on Thursday night to the local for a birthday party. Ended up being a late night but still managed in for work at 7. Friday night was softball night and was the end of the season, not a successful one but it was good fun. On Saturday I treated myself to a sports massage as I had a race on Sunday morning. The race on Sunday was at 7am, which meant I had to get up at 5.30. the reason it was so early was to avoid the midday heat. So I got to run in temperatures of about 85F instead of 100F. It was a 5m/8k race and I was hoping for a time of about 32m30s, unfortunately there was a killer hill near the end and I finished in about 34m30s. However, as the field was small, maybe a couple of hundred, I managed to place in the top 15 overall and 2nd in my age group. The only guy to beat me in my age group was the overall winner. So now I have two trophies from my last two races. In the afternoon we watched the cardinals complate a 4 game clean sweep against the LA Dodgers, it was so hot we couldn't stop sweating, even in the shade, fantastic. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phil great running. However since prize is 'for your age group' it must mean you are officially an old git.