I know, I was lazy last week and didn't put anything on my blog, but really wasn't much to say for a change. I spent most of the weekend catching up on my sleep that I didn't get when in Alaska. The only thing we got up to was we invited some people round from work to watch the USA v Italy world cup game. We're trying to get the Americans interested in soccer and supporting their national team. Reasonable turnout and the game started at 2pm so needless to say we managed a couple of beers, Steve, Sal and I went out later on for a game of pool but didn't stay out to long because of the early start.
This weekend was reasonably quite, after playing softball on the Friday night went out for a game of pool and some beers with Steve. On Saturday we watched some of the world cup and I treated myself to a swedish massage before going to watch the Phantom of the Opera at the Fox Theatre. The show was really good and the theatre itself was spectacular. Stayed up late to watch the finals of the UFC, which was good but didn't finish until 2am. Unfortunately I had to be up at 6am to go and run a couple of races. I had a 5K at 8am followed by a mile sprint at 9am. I did OK, managed 20.25 for the 5K and 5.59 for the mile, which was lucky as I had a wager with a guy from work that I would beat 6 minutes for the mile. I stayed for the awards ceremony and received a plaque for finishing 8th overall in the mile race and won a CD as an attendance prize. Unfortunately no photos recently but off to Indianapolis next weekend for the Formula 1 grand prix so will hopefully get some good ones then.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment