Sunday, October 04, 2009

Kings of Leon and Beaver Dam State Park

This week I managed to score tickets for the Kings of Leon gig at the Scottrade Center on Wednesday night. I hadn't heard of them until a few people mentioned them on my last visit to the UK. The show was pretty good, especially in the Jacobs box with free drink and free tickets. Jen didn't want to go as it would have kept her up past her bedtime, which is important at the moment.

At the end of the week we headed to Beaver Dam state park with the camper. It was only an hours drive north of our house. We got a great pull through spot on a quiet loop. It was pretty chilly at night so it was good that the bunch of firewood I got for ten bucks was huge, got some good fires going for keeping warm and toasting marshmallows. There was a handy restaurant in the park and also a bunch of hiking trails. All in all a great park and close by, we'll definitely be heading back.

No comments: